Spring Cleaning For Older POSTS!!!!
June 2018 ActiveRain Challenge
"Write a post and send it out to work forever with no further attention."
Blogging is like yard work. When it looks right, everything is great. Once a weed or two sprouts, the overall look of the landscape still holds true and the green space still looks beautiful. When there get to be many weeds, the balance is totally disrupted!
Blog posts need attention to stay in good form. Kathleen Daniels is the first person I knew on ActiveRain who went back to DAY ONE and plowed through post after post. She said it was a lot of work but worth it in the end.
What did I discover when I reviewed my older posts? Everything ...
- Not enough color in the tyefaces.
- Too many colors in the typefaces.
- Not enough variety in sizes of typefaces.
- Too many sizes for the typefaces.
- Layout elements that I didn't like anymore.
- Image usage needed adjusting
These are the 10 posts I worked on --
1. This VERY FIRST post disappeared somehow. So I rewrote it.
2. So this became my "first" post. Icons were missing. Some links needed refreshing. I continue to be astonished at how many comments arrived on this topic.
3. Second official post needed more variety - lots to read - so I moved things around. I remember not liking the animal group I fit into but cannot even remember which one it was now! https://activerain.com/blogsview/2152400/surviving-your-serengeti---7-skills-to-master-business-and-life-and-the-quiz-
4. Third post - added an image. Added variety to typeface using BOLD. Interesting seeing my suggestions to myself from 2011 and to notice which ones were implemented over the years. https://activerain.com/blogsview/2158233/going-paper-less----or-at-least-starting-for-the-activerain-kodak-challenge
5. Actually like this post - not much to change. Added logo at top. Some bolding and spacing changes only. Has photo of two AR Members. https://activerain.com/blogsview/2173035/arlington-va-amenities-attract-agents---buying-big-breakfast---cassatt-s-cafe---delicious-
6. Lots of cleanup here --- added an image. Checked links.Edited a bit. https://activerain.com/blogsview/2198864/ar-moments----let-me-count-the-ways---------1-meeting-ar-members
7. Next on to my AR Anniversary post --- one year posting in the 'Rain. Added an image at top and left the rest alone - I liked it as it was! https://activerain.com/blogsview/2891760/happy-ar-anniversary-to-me
8. Wow - all the visuals here were "404". Had to add and change a lot of things. Enjoyed it. https://activerain.com/blogsview/2757154/good-will-to-all-why-not-buckhead-atlanta-ga
9. One day I took a left by mistake instead of a right when driving in Richmond, VA. Turned out I passed a house that led me to a fun post. Rearranged some images and that's it. Left the colors of typefaces since the featured house seemed to merit them! https://activerain.com/blogsview/2254620/what-were-they-thinking--a-glimpse-at-a-home-in-richmond--virginia
10. Actually, it has been fun to go back and re-read posts. Change some font sizes here and enjoyed reading it again. https://activerain.com/blogsview/2188812/happiest-man-on-earth-gallup-h-wb-index-not-in-buckhead-atlanta-ga
So, Debe Maxwell, CRS this was enjoyable. Thanks. Odd sensation for me when reading them again. The events seem so recent when re-reading the posts and all were over five years ago.
All the best - Lynn
Need a REALTOR(R)?
Let me that for you.
Click & Search