Dear Readers -
Liz and Bill Spear from Wayne County, Ohio offer solid advice on building your business organically by creating and pursuing a niche market.
Lots to learn from this great advice!
Check out other posts from "BLIZ" in their ASK AN AMBASSADOR series, posted on ActiveRain each week such as the one where they disclose TOP SECRET info.
All the best - Lynn
PS If I haven't thanked you personally for reading my Blog, let me do so right now! I really appreciate your stopping by and (perhaps) commenting! L.
You can write all the "general" blog posts you want, but word for word, the biggest power is in niche blogging.
For us, that's been pushing extra hard on Cincinnati patio homes. It's gotten us ranked rather well, and all organically. It provides an increase in our business, although we're not solely reliant on patio homes for all our business.
So what are key factors to consider in selecting YOUR blogging niche?
1. Is it a niche you can learn and like working in? For instance if a niche is "short sales" and you absolutely HATE dealing with them, why go there?
2. Are there any competitor barriers to entry? For our local MLS, there is NO separate MLS category for patio homes (at least not yet, but it's coming soon). That meant the only way to know patio homes was to work at it. And you know what? MOST of your competition won't be willing to put in the time and effort it takes to learn.
3. Does it make financial sense? Sure, there's probably not much competition for "foreclosed homes selling for less than $100,000", but you've got to turn a LOT of volume for that business to pay off. It's part of the reason we like patio homes, especially new construction patio homes. They sell for 1.5-2x the typical median price in our market.
4. Does the public care about the niche? We know there are plenty of retirees and almost retirees interested in our housing niche. On the other hand while there are buyers interested in "houses with inground pools", it wouldn't be a high volume market for us.
5. Can you develop multiple related niches? We started with patio homes and figured out what people REALLY wanted was low maintenance living. And what was good to know? New construction in our niche. So a niche within a niche.
6. Can you feed the blog with enough material to build a critical mass of content? It took about 25-30 posts on our niche before we got our first call, but after that we started to get more calls.
7. Can you leverage other social media forms for your niche? Blogging isn't the be all and end all for winning business. Maybe it's Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook that gets you some extra visibility.
8. Are you willing to keep learning? Real estate is a volatile environment. Staying current on your niche matters. If the consumer calls and they know MORE than you, game over,
Until next Tuesday, just Ask An Ambassador if you need help!
Bill of Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS, Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map
Need a REALTOR(R)?
Let me that for you.
Click & Search