The Weltanschauung OR
ActiveRain Founders World View of Community
The ActiveRain Founders used their personal experience in real estate to design a set of values as they established the CULTURE for their dream community. And their dream flourished, reached "adolescence" and struggled a bit, and now, thanks to Ben Kinney's amazing rescue of the ActiveRain Community, passes to an evolving maturity -- held together by the Weltanschauung and the Community Guidelines*.
Weltanschauung, as defined by Wikipedia is:e
A comprehensive world view or worldview is the fundamental cognitive orientation of an individual or society encompassing the entirety of the individual or society's knowledge and point of view. A world view can include natural philosophy; fundamental, existential, and normative postulates; or themes, values, emotions, and ethics.
For me, all ten points developed by the founders have merit. They are intertwined to lend strength to each other. So which carries the largest number of the others?
If forced to choose one that stands out for me, I would have to choose #2. That statement encompasses many AR cultural values. It speaks to the belief in the personal strengths of individual professionals who comprise the AR community (#4,5,7,8) and the support offered from one to another to reach expertise via education can get us all closer and closer to our goals (#10, 9).
"We believe that real estate professionals will thrive if they demonstrate
their local market expertise. With ever greater access to listings, local knowledge
is now the key differentiator."
Not only did the Founders suggest to us that local market expertise would be the key to success in their vision, the Founders proceeded to offer AR members multiple educational activities to make accessing that goal a pleasant and rewarding journey.
In 2016, AR members will see the a new and powerful ActiveRain University. In the beginning of January, Bob Stewart stated that "getting AR University up and running smoothly again" was a top priority for him.
So choosing one is a bit strange because, together, the ten concepts form an amazing adventure for all of us. Read on to find the full set of the "W"!
- We understand that the value of the ActiveRain community rests entirely with its members. We admire the spirit of real estate professionals and believe our goal is to fully engage their talents and knowledge for the benefit of all members of the real estate community.
- We believe that real estate professionals will thrive if they demonstrate their local market expertise. With ever greater access to listings, local knowledge is now the key differentiator.
- We believe that home ownership is a positive force for social good. ActiveRain is committed to empowering real estate professionals so they can help people achieve the dream of home ownership.
- ActiveRain welcomes the active participation of all real estate professionals, irrespective of their affiliation with industry groups or trade associations. We believe a vibrant and diverse real estate community is essential to maintaining a strong organization.
- We believe that the constructive dialogue at ActiveRain fosters transparency among consumers about the industry. We understand that ActiveRain plays a key role in demonstrating the integrity and professionalism of those engaged in our industry.
- ActiveRain prides itself on editorial independence. We believe that an open, free exchange of ideas is our primary reason for being. We are not captive to any point of view or agenda — other than to advance the interests of home buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals.
- We encourage dissenting and contrarian points of view because our industry is better served by continually examining the status quo. Challenging conventional wisdom is often essential for the evolution of our industry and the development of new opportunities.
- We believe in spirited discourse, but personal attacks or predatory behavior will not be tolerated. Respect and civility are the shared values that unite us all.
- ActiveRain does not stand on ceremony or hierarchy. ActiveRain is a two-way street. We believe that a continual conversation with our community is critical to our continued growth and vitality. We are fully committed to incorporating member feedback and ideas to improve ActiveRain.
- ActiveRain believes that it is in the best interests of real estate professionals to build a community that is focused on educating one another. ActiveRain believes its future depends on members of all experience levels openly sharing their experiences and best practices with others in the field. This communal dialogue offers a unique opportunity for professional growth and is the way to share in the dynamism and excitement that constitutes the modern real estate business.
— The ActiveRain Team"
Need a REALTOR(R)?
Let me that for you.
Click & Search