Dear Readers -
SCOTT GODZYK from Manchester, NH discusses the dilemma of the Buyer wanting more adjustments, either price reductions or repairs, after the Inspection.
Every real estate professional has encountered this situation at one time or another. AND --- probably every case resolves itself in a different way - no set pattern at all.
Have a happy day -
PS Just in case I haven’t thanked you personally, I really appreciate every time you stop by to read and/or comment on my posts. L.
Why do Buyer Brokers think after a Home Inspection, is a good time to ask the seller to complete all types of work and perhaps take a few thousand off the price or even increase the credit to buyers closing costs? Here in the Manchester NH area, although we are experiencing a shortage of homes for sales, some buyer agents will seek to re-negotiate every time for every little item they can. Home Owners are getting fed up and I can say, I dont blame them.
A home inspection is to identify repairs that you could not see with your naked eye before you wrote your purchase agreement. Take yesterday when a local buyer broker put together a list asking for trim to be replaced despite the fact they already are paying a lower price because they could see it needed work. They want the furnace cleaned despite it was done less than a year ago. They want the seller to pay to inspect the hot water heater and circuit breakers although there are no issues and lastly and my favorite, have the seller pay for home warranty for furnace, hot water and all appliances.
What part of "The seller will not re-negotiate after accepting this offer did they not understand. Despite getting the seller ready for such behavior, you are never ready for such foolish requests. With a shortage of homes you would think the buyer would be afraid of losing the home when the seller says NO. When buying or selling a home it is important for the consumer to be informed, educated and made aware of how Buying and selling a home work,. What the trends are and what is in their best interest. Losing ones dream home may not be on that list.
The BEST way to go about any home sale is to know that a Seller should not choose just any agent, choose the BEST agent for the job. My philosophy is simple, provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process. All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest. By using a philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process, I can help you find your dream home
A GREAT Listing agent will guide the Seller through each step of the selling process by assisting that seller with tips in how to get the home ready to sell.
I have put together a simple recipe for both Home buyers and those who need help to get your home sold. Follow this along with pricing your home right, and the result can be a SOLD SIGN in your front yard.
THE TOP TIPS TO FIND A "GREAT" REAL ESTATE AGENT
1. LEARN THIS ONE FACT: One should know that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest Agent or Company. It is important to Hire the BEST Agent. In NH that could be me.
2. CHOOSE THE RIGHT AGENT: As a Buyer OR Seller in this market you need every advantage you can to get your home sold. It starts with choosing the right agent. a. Ask for a Full time agent whose sole job is to sell homes. b. Ask for a Full service agent who will guide you through each step of the selling process. Discount brokers often equal discount services. c. Ask for a Local agent who knows your neighborhood and is readily available when you need them is a must. Out of town agents can leave you high and dry in your time of need. d. Ask for a well experienced Listing Agent can give you the advantages you need when selling your home. Not all agents are created equal. Choose only the best.
3. HOME BUYERS SHOULD START BY: Getting a FREE PRE-QUALIFICATION with a local and trusted lender. They will look at your credit and financial picture and let you know what type of mortgage you may qualify for and what your interest rate and monthly payment may be.
4. HOME SELLERS SHOULD START BY: Getting a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS. Learn what your property is worth in today's market along with how ling it may take to sell. If you are ready to sell now, learn what you should ask for it. How much offers may come in at and what the approximate selling price should be. NH Home owners should contact me now.
IN SUMMARY the key to having a successful purchase or sale can increase simply choosing a better agent. The secret is that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest. I leave you with now infamous philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process.
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. Get a free pre-qualification along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Prices.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
Another reason that makes New Hampshire a great place to Live, Work and Play.
- About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 29 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying and Selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Copyright 2008-2015, All rights reserved